The mission of the ASDF is to provide quality training and support for its members.
The American Self-Defense Federation (ASDF) was established in Knoxville, Tennessee, on February 19, 2022, to preserve and propagate the skills, values, and traditions found within traditional martial arts.
Practitioners of the traditional Okinawan karate styles of Isshin-ryu and Uechi-ryu founded the American Self Defense Federation (ASDF). However, membership is open to any student or instructor of a traditional martial art style meeting ASDF membership requirements.
Currently Represented Styles
The ASDF is focused on its mission – to provide quality training and support for our members. In addition, our member instructors continually strive to provide an exceptional training experience for their students.
For Members …
- Join a network of like-minded traditional martial artists.
- Train and exchange ideas with students and instructors from other traditional martial art styles.
- A dojo referral service where you will know the instruction is top-notch.
- Discounts on ASDF sponsored and hosted events.
- An organization that exists solely to support and provide opportunities for you to further your training goals.
For member instructors …
- We maintain a page listing all ASDF member instructor-run schools with contact information.
- We network for and work with member instructors to promote their schools.
- We will promote member schools and instructors on Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and TikTok
- We refer anyone looking for a traditional martial arts school in the instructor’s area to member instructors.
- Member instructors will be invited to present at ASDF-sponsored clinics and seminars.